29/03/2019

Major || Progress Report 6 - remodelling, lighting


I finished re modelling the hair. I changed the eyes too, but might change them back if it looks better. I felt the blue gave the character a more innocent appearance.



I tried a few test animations over the past few weeks, and as I was moving on to animating the actual scenes, I noticed that the character was too short to effectively get up on the chair. In the render you may notice I used the original character model but the scales between the new and old are the same. It may be that I have to exclude the scenes where Squareeyes gets on the chair, and just not show the lower half of the body to make the scenes less comical. Besides this I have also been working on lighting my environments, learning about light linking, rim lighting and kicker lighting has been really helpful in doing this.





In the next few weeks I plan to begin animating proper and do this for the next 3-4 weeks, and in the remaining weeks I will edit the scenes to a satisfactory standard using the old sounds from my animatic. I aim to have the final animation be about 4 minutes long.

No comments:

Post a Comment