23/03/2019

Major || Progress Report 5 - Ironing out the Models and Setting the Scenes


Whilst my rigging is done, there were a few issues after testing which were put down on a list, and few more that appeared during the continuing testing process. There was popping on the eyebrow blend shapes that was fixed by going to the inputs for the face and swapping the blendshape input to be on the bottom ~(not sure how this worked but it did). For some reason the blink controls went nuts when keyframed, found out that there were two blend shapes in the shape editor, so one was deleted. The restrictions that I set up earlier were too restrictive, so they were adjusted, and the weights were blended a bit better. An interface is also really important for quicker selection of a desired joint without fiddling around with the model too much. When working on the hair physics I found out the IK had somehow become attached to the foot, so I redid all the simulation, then fixed the hair so it would move with the model. I'm glad I gave myself a bit of time to troubleshoot everything now so issues like these wouldn't arise to annoy me later at a crucial moment.



I compiled the entire process for this character for easy referencing. This will probably appear in my art of as well.



The hair really did need animation because its right in the middle of the face, you can see in the videos how I tested this element and its interaction with the geometry. I was planning on having soft body simulation for the hood and hairs at the back but this was too complicated so i just used more nhairs instead. Then I set up another CTRL to turn those simulations on and off to streamline animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment