23/02/2019

Major || Progress Report 1 - Square-eyes Body Rigging and Environment Modelling


As this is the first post about my Major since the end of my Minor project, I'm planning to update my project every Friday and detail what I have managed over the week chronologically using my physical diary as a reference. This should help me plan ahead so I can get things done on time, as well as giving me a secondary point of reference for physical progress and timelines on the project.


At this point in time, the work being achieved over the week is slow as I am still in the rigging process. Most of what I planned for this character is at a satisfactory standard, I've only waylaid myself with other work, like the included work on environment, for the sake of variation in my daily activity. The rig for the body is done, I am in the process of building a face rig now whilst troubleshooting as I go.


The aforementioned standard is a simple character that will interact with the changing environment of the bedroom, who will also be part of the furniture in the way that they are designed. They are a recluse with computer addiction. I also consider the title 'A Boy and his Shadow' a working title as when I look back on the work for this project, the original character was intended to be androgynous or sort of tomboyish to best represent a wider range of people.


Within the next two weeks, in other words, by the end of February I want to be finished with the face rigging and have no issues with the rest of the rig. This will enable me to move on to designing the core focus of the animation which will be the shifting environment. Spectacle is the best part of my animation and I want it to look as good as it can be. The time frame for this will be about two weeks from the beginning of next month, whereupon in the second half of March I can begin setting out the scenes in 3D space.

No comments:

Post a Comment