13/12/2018

'A Boy and his Shadow' Minor || Matt Paintings and Environments

I have made a few notes based on my storyboards and animatic attempts so far, though some events may change, the environments have always been the same, even props I have already made are supposed to fit into this space. Therefore I have begun matt paintings, orthographs, some modelling in proportion to my character, lighting experiments... which will be covered in this post.

Orthographs and Environment building


After blocking out everything the scale changed a bit to accomodate the fact this is a stage where characters are going to need to move about. I haven't done many models or textures yet as I intend to make my pre vis using this, and it doesn't need to be too elaborate for that purpose. When the space transitions, I'm going to use this specific model as a reference.


The memory photo



This was a vital storytelling element, and also an opportunity to use the original art style of my drawings.

The computer screen and the drawings that fill up the walls will be done soon enough, I have already begun creating some basic computer startups with the title incorporated into them. 

Matte Paintings

View from outside the bedroom window. I realised that it was supposed to be raining outside, so I decided not to use this one.


Skybox on the outside, perhaps it should have a more 'after the storm' sort of look to it, as it will look more dramatic.


One I re styled as a production art based on my storyboards.


No comments:

Post a Comment