29/11/2018

'A Boy and his Shadow' Minor || Prop Design and Modeling Update Post




To begin, I started modeling some of the props in preparation for a initial test animation. Specificially I needed to scale the objects correctly so they looked natural for the main characters to interact with.




I added a nose! It looks completely different to the design I had before, so I suppose this is a lesson in 3D design and having some foresight into the modeling process. It does look a bit like a doll, but this suits the animation.




I feel like this is the most I'm going to do for this character as I have been working on the model for some four months, which is quite a stretch of time, however, it only took so long because the model kept getting updates to look more natural.


A start on the computer model, just need accessories and wires next. It's going to be immobile so no rigging required.



I've also been working on the logo as during the intro, the title appears on the computer screen before the boy walks in the room, so I wanted a more glitchy looking aesthestic going on to best represent the computer framework.

Going forward, I need to create a couple of matte paintings ahead of time to put outside the window in the first bedroom scene, and also outside for a more expansive landscape. I won't worry as much about the environment especially as I need to start getting into skinning and rigging models at this point in time, but I am assured in knowing that I have sound design ready, as it is a crucial point of understanding for the audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment